top of page


Going from Inactive to Alumni

Any brother who graduates or terminates his/her affiliation with a college or university as an inactive member (meaning that the brother paid no dues for that year) will remain designated as inactive following his/her departure from that institution. 


To become an alumni brother, that brother must petition the chapter at that college or university for reinstatement and pay dues at the current rate.  (If there is not currently an active chapter at that college or university due to suspension or closure, then the brother must instead petition the National Council, which, upon a majority vote, can grant reinstatement upon payment of dues at the current rate.) Section 6.513 of the Kappa Kappa Psi National Constitution outlines the reinstatement process for inactive members as follows:

"To obtain privileges of membership, said member must request, in writing, reinstatement by the chapter from which the member became inactive. Upon review of the inactive member’s written request, the inactive member must receive a favorable vote of seventy-five (75) percent of the eligible voting membership, the approval of the chapter sponsor, and payment of all financial obligations to both the chapter and the Fraternity in order to be granted privileges of membership."

Inactive brothers cannot participate in the Kappa Kappa Psi Alumni Association, in any Local Alumni Association, or any district or national fraternity events or functions.

If you are an inactive brother who wishes to petition for reinstatement, you can do so through the fraternity’s Online Membership & Reporting System (OMRS), which is located at 


However, you may first need to update your information on OMRS.
You can do so here:

bottom of page